Everything You Need to Know About Exit Row Seats
September 12, 2023
Exit-row seats offer more legroom and space, but they also come with responsibilities. Is it worth paying extra for them on your travel to India?
Travel Is Booming! And With That Comes A Hot Commodity: Exit Row Seats
These seats are in high demand because they offer more legroom and space than other economy seats. And while they often go to travelers with loyalty status, you can also reserve them for an extra cost on your flights to India.
But is it worth it? Let's find out.
Are Exit Rows Better?
If you’re looking for a comfortable and convenient flight experience, then an exit-row seat is the way to go. With the number of benefits of choosing an exit row seats makes a great option for passengers.
Here are some of the benefits of choosing an exit-row seat:
- If you're someone who likes to get comfortable on a lengthy flight on your trip to India, extra legroom space can make all the difference. With up to 5 inches more legroom than standard economy seats, these seats are a great option for tall travelers or those who enjoy stretching their legs.
- Space to spread out and relax with fewer people. Most people avoid these seats due to the responsibilities involved, making them less crowded than standard economy seats.
- Getting a head start on overhead bin space and seat comfort is possible through early boarding. Those sitting in the exit row seats typically have this opportunity.
- Those who are concerned about flying may find comfort in knowing that those seated in the exit row are best positioned to assist in emergencies. In the event of an evacuation, these passengers can provide a sense of security to their fellow travelers.
Who's Barred from the Exit Row?
If you're looking for an exit row seat, it's important to be aware of the restrictions that some airlines may have. These restrictions are in place to ensure the safety of all passengers in the event of an emergency.
Here are some of the passengers who may be barred from sitting in an exit row:
Children under the age of 12 (or 15, depending on the airline): Children may not be able to physically or mentally handle the duties required of an exit row passenger.
Unaccompanied Minors: Unaccompanied minors may not be able to assist in an emergency evacuation.
Infants: Infants may be a distraction to an exit row passenger and may also impede their ability to assist in an emergency evacuation.
Passengers with Physical or Mental Limitations: Passengers with physical or mental limitations that may prevent them from assisting in an emergency evacuation may be barred from sitting in an exit row.
Passengers Traveling with a Pet or Service Animal: Pets and service animals may be a distraction to an exit row passenger and may also impede their ability to assist in an emergency evacuation.
Some other reasons why passengers may be barred from sitting in an exit seat:
- Passengers who do not feel comfortable with the idea of performing the necessary duties in the case of an emergency.
- Passengers who do not speak any of the languages used by the crew on board. As the passengers need to be able to understand safety instructions in the event of an emergency.
- Passengers who have requested additional assistance from the airline, such as assistance to or from the aircraft, may be barred from sitting in an exit row.
If you're looking for a little extra space and privacy on your next flight to India, an exit row seat may be the way to go. But before you book, there are a few things you need to know.
So, is it worth paying extra for an exit row seat? That depends on your individual needs and preferences. If you're tall or have long legs, the extra legroom will be a major plus.
If you're willing to help with an emergency evacuation, then an exit row seat is a great option. You'll get more space, and you'll also be able to board the plane early and get served first.
Have you ever paid to reserve an exit-row seat? Was it worth it? Let us know in the comments below!
With the highest customer ratings, Travelopod is the go-to brand for all the travel-enthusiasts. We are on a mission to offer the lowest airfare without compromising on the quality of service. Planning travel to India and Europe is our specialty. Be it a family holiday, an African safari, a cruise, or just flight and hotel bookings, Travelopod is the preferred choice of millions of highly satisfied customers.
Disclaimer: Travelopod makes no claims of ownership over the images featured on our blog site unless otherwise stated. All visual content is copyrighted to its respectful owners. We try to link back to the original sources. We will promptly remove any images from Travelopod if you own the rights to them and do not want them to be displayed there.