When you share your business’s data, we want you to know it is protected. Travelopod, Inc. ("Travelopod"), the owner of www.Travelopod.com (the "Site"), are committed to protecting your privacy. Your Personal Information (ie. data that identifies you or from which you are identifiable) is collected for various purposes, including, but not limited to: responding to inquiries, processing applications, billing, communicating with you ("you, the traveler, or the "user"), submissions to our referral program, and submissions to our travel blog. We collect information from you when you place an order or subscribe to our newsletter.
Personal Information relayed is used solely to facilitate, improve, and deliver the services we offer. We do not share your Personal Information with outside parties, except where necessary to process a request or inquiry from you, in an emergency situation, to enforce our policies, or where we are permitted to do so by applicable law, such as in response to a request by a law enforcement or governmental authority, in connection with actual or proposed litigation, or to protect our property, people and other rights. Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience (your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs)
- To improve our website (we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you)
- To improve customer service (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs)
- To process transactions: Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.
- To send periodic emails: The email address you provide for order processing, may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order, in addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, related product or service information, etc.
- Marketing of Travelopod Services: We may use your data to market our services to you, as an existing client or prospective client entity, including to provide you with promotional materials or offers for products and services from Travelopod (including communications based on your interests, personal and business characteristics, and location). We may provide these communications and offers in various ways, including via email, postal mail, social media platforms, and text or direct messages.
Note: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
Consent to Processing of Personal Information
Protecting Your Information
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or enter, submit, or access your personal information.
We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are required to?keep the information confidential.
After a transaction, your private information (credit cards, financials, etc.) will not be stored on our servers.
Non-Personally-Identifiable Information We May Collect Online
- Clear GIFs
We may use pixel tags (also called clear gifs) or other similar tracking technologies in our websites and/or in our communications to collect information about your navigation on our websites, and to enable us to know whether you have visited a Web page or received a message. This information enables us to serve you and your interests better.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Third-party website links
California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
Because we value your privacy we have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act. We therefore will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent. As part of the California Online Privacy Protection Act, all users of our site may make any changes to their information at anytime by logging into their account page and editing their information.
Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act), we do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older.